Recipe Author – Rocco Dispirito (Rocco DiSpirito) – American chef from New York, the host of the reality show, which demonstrates healthy dishes without harming the figure
Despite the fact that only turkey breast is used in cooking, it is served according to all the rules of a real holiday turkey, which is usually put on the table for Christmas or Thanksgiving. The poultry breast is sewn in the broth at a low temperature until ready. This method allows you to cook a turkey without using an oven, and it will turn out to be as juicy as a baked one. For sewing, you need a thermometer for deep fat or caramel, which can be attached to the pan. Finished breast is cut into thin slices and served with all the components of a classic festive turkey: bread filling, gravy and cranberry sauce.
Time: 1 hour. 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr fresh or thawed turkey breast, cut off all visible fat
- 4 tbsp. lightly salted low-fat chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. l extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 Art. chopped onion
- 1/4 Art. chopped celery
- 1.5 tsp seasonings for poultry
- 110 gr. stale whole grain bread diced
- 1 tbsp. l chopped fresh parsley
- 4.5 tsp corn starch
- 0.5 tbsp. sugar-free cranberry sauce
- Special equipment: deep fat thermometer
- In a medium-sized pan, by installing a thermometer on the wall, heat the broth. When the liquid temperature reaches 74 ° C and bubbles begin to form below, put the turkey breast in the pan. Adjust the fire if necessary to maintain a temperature of 74 ° C. Cover the pan with foil around the thermometer and cook the turkey until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 65 ° C, about 30-40 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the turkey rest in the broth for another 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a medium heat, heat a large non-stick pan. Add olive oil. Add the onions and celery and fry until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Add seasoning for poultry and bread. Shuffle to distribute everything evenly.
- Reduce the heat to a minimum and add the broth from the pan, 0.5 tbsp. at a time (about 1 tbsp. total) to wet bread in a pan. Mix well and cover. Cook until the bread is moist and hot, about 5 minutes. Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Remove the thermometer from the pan and bring the broth to a boil. Pour corn starch into a small bowl. Stir in about 0.5 tbsp. broth, and then pour the mixture back into the pan. Increase the heat so that the liquid boils. Reduce heat and simmer at low boil until the liquid thickens and evaporates by a third, about 10 minutes. If the broth is too liquid, prepare a little more starchy mixture and mix it back into boiling gravy. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the turkey breast as thin as possible. Serve with toppings, gravy and cranberry sauce.