Confit Tomatoes is a versatile supplement that can be used in many of your dishes and snacks to brighten your taste. Plum tomatoes are baked in the oven at low temperature in olive oil with thyme, garlic and red pepper, and then cut into slices – and you’re done! The taste of confit is very rich, with spicy, sweet, burning and sour notes. Serve confit tomatoes on sandwiches, crostini, pasta, meat or fish as a sauce. Add a little to the purchased sauce to give it a homemade flavor.
Time: 2 hours
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 10 plum-shaped tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half
- 1/4 Art. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. l fresh thyme
- 0.5 tsp grated red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C.
- Combine the tomatoes in a bowl with olive oil, thyme, red pepper flakes and garlic. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the wire rack on the pan and spread the halves of the tomatoes with the slices up on the wire rack. Bake the tomatoes until they wrinkle and become soft, 1.5-2 hours.
Output: 1.5 tbsp.
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes, transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan and serve in crostini. Use as a sauce for fried fish or chicken or mix tomato sauce in a purchase to make it taste better.