This diet pumpkin pie looks very festive and will appeal to everyone. A mixture of coconut and almond flour, butter and cream cheese makes a wonderful nut cake with a pleasant crumbly texture. On top of it lies a gentle pumpkin filling with a sweet-spicy aroma that gives it seasoning for pumpkin pie with a drop of molasses for a caramel note. Before serving, a completely cooled cake is decorated with an air cloud of whipped cream sweetened with erythritol.
Time: 4 hours 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 tbsp. almond flour
- 0.5 tbsp. coconut flour + optional to sprinkle
- 1/4 Art. confectionery erythritis (see Note)
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 110 gr. very cold unsalted diced butter
- 3 tbsp. l very cold cream cheese
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- Culinary spray to spray the mold
- 2/3 Art. confectionery erythritis
- 1 tsp seasonings for pumpkin pie
- 0.5 tsp coarse salt
- 1 can (425 gr.) Pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp. fat cream
- 2 tsp molasses (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. fat cream
- 1 tbsp. l confectionery erythritis
Pour almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener and salt into the food processor and beat to distribute evenly. Add the butter and cream cheese and beat on a pulsed basis until the mixture becomes very crisp with pea-sized pieces of butter. Add the egg and continue to beat only until the dough begins to gather in a sticky loose mass.
- Put the dough on a piece of plastic film, holding the film, gently knead the dough. Form a disk and tightly wrap in a film. Put in the refrigerator to make the dough completely freeze for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Lightly sprinkle a 22 cm diameter cake pan with a cooking spray.
- Sprinkle a sheet of parchment with coconut flour. Place the chilled dough disk in the center of the parchment, lightly sprinkle coconut flour on top and cover with another sheet of parchment. Carefully roll out the dough with a rock in a round layer large enough to fit into the prepared cake pan. This is a very fragile dough that can crack; if this happens, just smooth out the cracks. If the dough becomes too warm and difficult to work with, place it directly on the parchment on a baking sheet and refrigerate it to freeze again before you continue to roll it.
- Using the parchment, transfer the dough into the prepared cake pan. Again, the dough may crack and break at different points. Squeeze the cracks with your fingers and smooth. Trim the edges and squeeze as desired. Put the mold with the dough in the freezer for 0.5-1 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C.
Combine the sweetener, pumpkin pie spices and salt in a small bowl; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin puree, cream, molasses, if you use it, vanilla extract and eggs with a hand mixer. Add a mixture of spices and continue whisking until smooth.
- Place a mold with frozen dough on a baking sheet and cover the edges of the dough with foil freely. Pour the filling into the center and bake for 50 minutes. Carefully remove the foil from the edges and continue to bake until golden brown so that the filling freezes a couple of centimeters from the edges, but still trembles slightly in the center, another 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool completely. When the cake cools down, you may notice a cloudy white coating on its surface. This is the result of the action of erythritol. Simply moisten the surface of the cake with a little water before serving to remove any plaque.
In a large bowl, combine cream and sweetener and beat with a hand mixer until stable peaks. Serve the cake, adding each serving with a spoonful of whipped cream.
Erythritol is a sugar substitute found in most health food stores or online stores.