Recipe author – Paula Dean (Paula Deen) – famous chef, TV presenter, restaurant owner, culinary writer
Polvoron – this snow-white nutty cookie just melts in your mouth, it turns out tasty, crumbly, and most importantly – it is prepared from just four main ingredients: butter, powdered sugar, flour and nuts. These cookies are traditionally baked in Mexico for a wedding, but why wait for a special occasion when almost everything you need is at hand? Form the figures of crescents from the dough and bake, and then, until the cookies have cooled, roll it properly in powdered sugar.
Time: 1 hour.
Amount: 30 cookies
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 0.5 tbsp. icing sugar + optional to roll cookies
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 Art. premium flour + extra for work
- 1 tbsp. chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 135 ° C. Cover the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat butter with powdered sugar with a mixer at low speed until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Slowly stir in flour at low speed. Stir in crushed pecans with a spatula. Flouring hands, separate about 1 tbsp. l dough and give it a crescent shape.
- Continue sprinkling flour on your hands and forming cookies. Put on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 40 minutes. When the cookies have cooled down enough to be held in your hands, but still hot, roll in powdered sugar. Cool on a wire rack.