Recipe author – Aina Garten (Ina Garten) – author of television projects, TV presenter, culinary writer
Tasty roast is prepared from lamb leg without bone. This cut is not as expensive as, for example, a rack of lamb, but when served it looks no less festive. The meat is very tender and juicy and does not require long pickling. Just grate it with a mixture of butter, fresh rosemary and garlic and let this wonderful aroma fill. Lamb leg is baked tied (which allows you to maintain internal juiciness) on top of small jacket potatoes, which are saturated with aromatic juices and are very tasty. Thus, you will have ready a full dinner of meat and side dishes.
Time: 2 hours 20 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 leg boneless lamb weighing 2.7 kg., Trim and tie
- 1.8 – 2.2 kg. small potatoes with peel (16-20 pcs.)
- 12 large unpeeled garlic cloves, split
- 1 tbsp. l chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp. l unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 230 ° C. Place the wire rack in the lower third of the oven so that the lamb is baked at an average level.
- Peel 6 cloves of garlic and place them in the bowl of a food processor with a steel blade. Add rosemary, 1 tbsp. l salt, 1 tsp black pepper and butter. Beat until chopped garlic and rosemary. Grease the lamb thoroughly with the mixture. Let it brew at room temperature from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Combine the potatoes and the remaining unpeeled garlic with olive oil in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Put on the bottom of a large roasting pan. Put lamb on top of the potato and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. up to 1 hour 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 57 ° C (with blood) or 62 ° C (light roast).
- Remove from the oven and put the lamb on the dish, tightly covering with aluminum foil. Let the meat rest for about 20 minutes. Cut into slices and serve with potatoes.