Recipe author – Bobby dean (Bobby Deen) – TV presenter, restaurant manager, television cook
Chili-dog is a more tasty and satisfying kind of hot dog, when the sausage on the bun is covered with a generous portion of chili meat sauce. This is a great solid snack for a home party with friends. You can cook the sauce in advance, and collect hot dogs immediately before serving. The sauce is prepared from two types of canned beans, vegetables, minced chicken, tomatoes and chili peppers – an indispensable ingredient, thanks to which the sauce got its name. Served over sausages on buns and sprinkled with grated cheddar and chopped onions. If desired, you can add Greek yogurt, which will soften the spicy taste of the sauce.
Calories 549, total fat 27 g. saturated fats 10 g. squirrels 28 g. carbohydrates 52 g. cellulose 12 g. cholesterol 87 mg., sodium 1501 mg., sugar eleven g.
Time: 1 hour. 25 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 8 sausages
- 450 gr minced chicken
- 1 tbsp. l olive oil
- 3 cloves, minced garlic
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 – 2 sweet peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeno pod, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. l chili powder
- 1 tsp ground zira
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cans of 400 gr. canned diced tomatoes
- 1 can (425 gr.) Canned Kidney beans
- 1 can (425 gr.) Canned Pinto beans
- 8 whole grain hot dog buns
- 1/4 Art. grated cheddar
- 0.5 tbsp. chopped green onions
- Plain non-fat Greek yogurt to serve (optional)
- In a large skillet with non-stick coating over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic, celery, bell peppers, jalapenos, onions, chili powder, zira and salt. Fry, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and beans and bring to a boil. Add the minced chicken. Reduce heat and simmer, lid, stirring occasionally until all the flavors mix and the chili begins to thicken, about 1 hour.
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Throw the sausages into the water and cook for 10 minutes. Put each sausage in a bun. Top with a generous portion of chili. Sprinkle with grated cheese and green onions, add Greek yogurt.