Chocolate cake without flour is a delicious rich dessert with a dense texture that everyone can enjoy, even if you are on a gluten-free diet. And he is preparing much easier than it might seem. Use only very high quality semisweet or bitter chocolate in the preparation. You need to melt it together with butter and vigorously (with a mixer) mix in the eggs beaten with sugar – the dough is ready! The top of the cake is crispy and cracked, and the middle is tender as a frozen pudding. It is best to bake in a detachable form, which can be easily removed from the cake without damaging it. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Time: 2 hours 30 minutes.
Servings: 10 – 12
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 340 gr semisweet or bitter chocolate, chopped
- 165 gr. unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1.5 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar and / or cocoa powder to sprinkle on a cake
- For filing: vanilla whipped cream (recipe see below) or ice cream
Vanilla whipped cream
- 1 tbsp. butter cream (or whipping cream)
- 2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C and sprinkle a detachable cake pan 22×5 cm in size with a cooking spray.
- Put chocolate, butter, and salt in a large microwave bowl. Melt in a microwave at 75% for 2 minutes. Stir and reheat in the microwave until everything is completely melted, for about 2 minutes. Or put chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl. Boil about 2 cm of water in a saucepan and place the bowl on top so that it does not touch boiling water. Stir occasionally until chocolate and butter melt.
- Beat eggs with sugar using a stationary or manual mixer until a light, dense mass is obtained, about 8-10 minutes. Mix melted chocolate into beaten eggs.
- Pour the dough into the prepared dish and bake until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out moist, but not sticky, for about 1 hour and 25 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- When ready to serve, remove the ring from the mold. Sprinkle icing sugar or cocoa powder on the cake. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Vanilla whipped cream:
In a chilled bowl of non-reactive material, whisk or whisk the cream with vanilla paste (or extract) until a soft peak. Lift the whisk and look at the shape of the peak at the end of the corolla: it should fall. Sift the icing sugar into the cream and continue whisking until soft peaks. Be careful not to beat the cream, otherwise they will curl. Serve immediately or refrigerate with a lid for no more than 4 hours.
Output: 2.5 tbsp., About 10 servings
On a note
We baked several options for this type of cake, and we liked this one the most. Since there is no flour in the cake, you get a crispy top with cracks and a soft center like a pudding. The photo is the most beautiful example, but most of our cakes are cracked. Yours, most likely, is also cracked.