A classic hot tuna sandwich is a half of an English muffin with a thick layer of salad with tuna, artichokes and celery in a mayonnaise dressing. Everything is covered with a slice of cheese and baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and the bun is browned. Garnish each hot sandwich with a mug of tomato, sprinkle with chives and serve immediately. Sandwiches are prepared quickly and without unnecessary trouble and are great for refreshments at home parties.
Time: 20 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 large (for sandwiches) English muffins, cut horizontally in half
- 3 tbsp. l softened butter
- 2 cans of 340 gr. canned lumpy long-tuna tuna (albacore) in its own juice, drain the water
- 1 can (340 gr.) Of pickled artichokes, dry and chop
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 0.5 tbsp. pitted chopped olives
- 1 tbsp. l mustard
- 1 tbsp. l chopped fresh dill
- A little hot sauce
- 3 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 feathers of green onions, finely chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- 12 slices of Swiss cheese
- 1 thinly sliced tomato
- 2 tsp chopped chives
- Preheat the oven in grill mode.
- Smear the halves of the English buns with butter, put them in one layer on a baking sheet and fry in the oven until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make tuna salad:
In a large bowl, combine tuna, artichokes, mayonnaise, olives, mustard, dill, spicy sauce, celery, green onions and lemon zest. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put on each half of the muffin a large spoonful of tuna salad, cover each serving with two slices of cheese and grill in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove the sandwiches from the oven and lay the slices of tomatoes on top and sprinkle with chives. Serve.