Recipe author – Bobby flay (Bobby Fly) – famous chef, restaurateur, reality TV host, restaurant owner
This elegant fruit salad will decorate any event or friendly Sunday brunch. The peeled segments of red and yellow grapefruit, as well as Navelin’s sweet orange are mixed with fresh blueberries, and the salad is poured with light honey-citrus syrup with ginger. When you clean the citrus segments from membranes, keep them above the bowl to collect squeezed juices – they will go to prepare the dressing. Fruits watered with dressing should be infused in the refrigerator for several hours. Serve in graceful bowls or glasses, sprinkled with almond-mint cane sugar.
Time: 2 hours
The recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 0.5 tbsp. chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 Art. pure cane granulated sugar
- 8 fresh mint leaves chopped
- 2 red grapefruits, segmented (collect juices)
- 2 yellow grapefruit, segmented (collect juices)
- 2 Navelin oranges, segmented (collect juices)
- 2 tbsp. l honey
- 2.5 cm. Ginger root, cut in half
- 2 tbsp. fresh blueberries, sort and rinse
- Put the almonds, sugar and mint in a food processor and beat lightly to make a coarse topping. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Combine grapefruits and oranges in a large decorative bowl.
- Combine the collected citrus juices in a small saucepan (you must have at least 2 tbsp of juice, otherwise, add freshly squeezed orange or grapefruit juice). Add honey and fresh ginger and bring to a boil. Cook until the mixture has evaporated in half. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Take out the ginger and pour in the citrus syrup. Cover and refrigerate the salad for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Add blueberries just before serving. Sprinkle with almond crumbs and serve.