This delicious chocolate-cherry cookie on sticks, covered with red icing, will look like a bouquet of edible roses at your holiday. Great treat for a bachelorette party or a gala dinner. To prepare the dough, you only need butter, cocoa powder, flour and sugar, and the cherry extract is added to the icing and perfectly complements the rich chocolate flavor. Following the step-by-step recipe, you can easily decorate cookies. Put cookie sticks in a vase and decorate the holiday table with delicious roses.
Time: 3 hours 30 min.
Amount: 12 pops
The recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. premium flour
- 3/4 Art. powdered sugar
- 1/3 Art. cocoa powder
- 1/4 Art. granulated sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 275 gr. chilled unsalted diced butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2.5 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 5 tsp dry egg white
- 1/4 Art. water + optionally as needed
- 0.5 tsp cherry extract
- Red gel food coloring
- Bake cookies:
Combine flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, granulated sugar and salt in a food processor, evenly distributing all the ingredients. Add the butter and vanilla and beat until the mixture is crisp and held in compression. Transfer the dough into a large bowl and form a ball. Put it on a sheet of parchment paper. Put another sheet of parchment on top and roll the dough into a 1 cm thick layer. Put in the refrigerator to make the dough harden for about 1 hour.
- Install the grills in the upper and lower third of the oven; preheat the oven to 160 ° C.
- Cut the figures out of the dough using a 7.5 cm round cookie cutter. Lay them on two unplaced baking sheets at a distance of 5 cm from each other, then insert into each circle on the side a wooden stick for candy so that they fit about three a quarter of the diameter of the cookie. Collect the scraps of dough and put in the refrigerator until they harden; repeat the same to cut out more cookies.
- Bake by swapping the baking sheets in the middle of baking until the cookies freeze, 25-30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- In the meantime, cook the icing:
Combine the powdered sugar and dry protein in a large bowl with a whisk. With a mixer at medium speed, mix water and cherry extract until soft glossy peaks form, about 3 minutes; add up to 1 tbsp. l water, if the glaze is too strong, but it should not be liquid. Color with food color in red.
- Decorate cookies:
Transfer about 0.5 tbsp. glaze in a plastic bag on a ziplock and cut a corner. Drop the icing along the edge of each cookie; set the icing bag aside. Dilute the icing in a bowl to the consistency of liquid yogurt, adding 1 tsp. water at a time. Transfer to another plastic bag on the ziplock and cut off the corner; set the icing inside the contour on the cookie, then smooth the surface with the back of a spoon or a pastry spatula. Let stand, about 1 hour, to freeze the icing. Drop off the remaining dense glaze with a flower pattern.