Recipe author – Alton Brown (Alton Brown) – TV presenter, famous chef, culinary writer, actor, cameraman
Guotie – fried Chinese meat dumplings, which can be served as a dip with dip sauce at a home party. In this recipe, guotiye are collected from a ready-made dough for wontons, which is sold already cut into squares or circles, and as part of the filling, pork mince, egg, chopped vegetables and many spices. They make the taste of the snack perfect. Guotiyehs are formed so that at least one side is flat and browned well when frying. Unlike the traditional cooking method, when dumplings are boiled and then fried, in this recipe they are first fried and then stewed in the same pan in a small amount of broth. It turns out quickly and easily.
Time: 1 hour. 10 minutes.
Amount: 35 – 40 dumplings
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 220 gr minced pork
- 1/4 Art. finely chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp. l finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp ketchup
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp coarse salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 35 – 40 small circles of dough for wontons
- Water to grease the dough
- 3 – 4 tbsp. l vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 and 1/3 Art. chicken broth, split
- Preheat the oven to 95 ° C.
- Combine the first 11 ingredients in a medium-sized bowl (from minced pork to cayenne pepper, inclusive). Set aside.
- To form dumplings, remove 1 cup of dough from the packaging, covering the rest with a damp cloth. Lightly grease the 2 edges of the dough with water. Put in the center of the test 0.5 tsp. meat mixture. Fold the dough, seal the edges and give them the desired shape. Place the dumplings on a baking sheet and cover with a damp cloth. Repeat the same until the whole filling is over.
- Heat a pan with a diameter of 30 cm. Over medium heat. Lubricate with vegetable oil as soon as it warms up. Add 8-10 dumplings to the pan at a time and fry for 2 minutes without moving them. After 2 minutes, carefully pour 1/3 tbsp into the pan. chicken broth, reduce heat to a minimum, cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Put the guotie on a heat-resistant dish and place in a warm oven. Deglaze the pan with water before frying the next batch. In the same way, cook all the remaining dumplings. Serve immediately with soy dip dipping sauce.