Oven-baked chicken wings are a more healthy fried alternative. If cooked correctly, they turn out to be the same juicy inside and crispy outside, but without a ton of oil. In addition, you do not have to constantly stand at the stove. Before baking, marinate the wings for a couple of hours in yogurt (or kefir), adding a mixture of onion and garlic powder, as well as dried dill. They will turn out very tender and tasty, with a delicious brownish crust. And for dipping, prepare a sour-milk ranch with spicy chipotle sauce, which will give it a spicy aroma of haze.
Time: 3 hours 15 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1.3 kg jointed chicken wings (throw out the tips)
- 0.5 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. l cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Sahara
- 1 tsp hot chipotle sauce
- 1 tbsp. l chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp. l + 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp. l garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp dried dill
- 1.5 tbsp. + 2 tbsp. l yogurt or kefir
- 1 small onion, sliced into thin rings
- Vegetable oil to grease
- Combine onion powder, garlic powder, dried dill, 1 tsp. In a small bowl. salt and 0.5 tsp black pepper. Put the wings in a large bowl and mix with 1.5 tbsp. yogurt, onion slices and 1 tsp. mix spices, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Then drain all the liquid and remove the onions.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C. Lubricate the baking sheet with the sides with vegetable oil. Stir the wings with almost the rest of the spice mixture, setting aside 1 tsp separately, and place on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the ranch sauce with chipotle. Mix in a bowl the mayonnaise, the remaining 2 tbsp. l yogurt, vinegar, sugar, hot sauce and green onions. Add deferred 1 tsp. spices and salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Transfer the wings to the dish and serve with the sauce.