Recipe author – Alton Brown (Alton Brown) – TV presenter, famous chef, culinary writer, actor, cameraman
Luxurious Kiev cutlets in a delicious crispy breading will be an excellent treat for a festive table. Kiev cutlets have long been considered exclusively a restaurant dish, and they are rarely cooked at home, but with this recipe, you will understand how simple it is: chicken breast is well beaten, a piece of butter and greens is put in the middle, the chop is rolled, crumbled into breadcrumbs breadcrumbs and roasted until cooked. The cutlets are served hot so that you can fully enjoy the crisp, tender chicken and liquid butter center. Be careful: when cutting, the cutlet can shoot with oil!
Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
Amount: 4 rolls
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 4 halves of skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 110 gr. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp coarse salt + optional for chicken
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper + optional for chicken
- 2 large eggs, beaten with 1 tsp. water
- 2 tbsp. Japanese breadcrumbs panko + 1/4 tbsp. For filling
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a bowl of a stationary mixer, mix butter, parsley, tarragon, 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Shuffle. Transfer the mixture to cling film or wax paper and roll it into a small log; put in the freezer.
- Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, between two pieces of plastic wrap. Sprinkle the chicken lightly with water and also spray the film with water. Beat to a thickness of approximately 0.3 cm. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Put one chicken chop on a new piece of film and put in the center 1/4 part of butter with greens and 1 tbsp. l breadcrumbs. Helping yourself with a film, roll the chop roll, completely covering the oil; fold very tightly. Repeat the same with each chop. Put the chicken in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour the egg mixture into one baking dish and pour 2 tbsp. breadcrumbs in a different baking dish.
- In a pan with a diameter of 30 cm. Over moderate heat, heat 1 cm. Vegetable oil to 190 ° C on a deep fat thermometer.
- Dip each breast into the egg mixture, and then roll in the breadcrumbs. Gently place each breast seam down in oil and fry until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes on each side, until the internal temperature reaches 74 ° C. Transfer to a wire rack mounted on a baking sheet, let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.