Châteaubriant is the perfect meal for a romantic dinner. The preparation uses a small central cut of beef tenderloin, which is designed for two persons. The meat is first fried in a pan until golden brown on all sides, and then, together with mushrooms, garlic and thyme, brought to readiness in the oven. The ideal roasting of the Chateaubrian steak is with blood or weak. Use a meat thermometer so you don’t make a mistake and enjoy a juicy and mouth-melting steak. In the meantime, the finished meat is resting, wine and mushroom sauce is prepared on the remaining delicious juices in the pan. Serve the château brian with sauce and mashed potatoes.
Time: 1 hour. 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
Chateaubriand and wine and mushroom sauce
- 0.7 kg chateaubrian steak (central part of beef tenderloin), cut off the fat and remove the membrane, dress the meat with kitchen thread at 1 cm intervals.
- 3 tbsp. l extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. l unsalted butter
- 1.5 tbsp. cut into 4 parts mushrooms, e.g. champignons, shiitake or chanterelles
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme + additional leaves for serving
- 2 tbsp. l chopped shallots
- 0.5 tbsp. dry red wine
- 2 tbsp. beef broth
- 1/4 Art. fat cream
- Brain Bones, see recipe below
- 0.9 kg potatoes, peeled and chopped into pieces of 5-7 cm.
- 2 tbsp. chilled butter cream
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 110 gr. unsalted butter
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Boil potatoes:
In a medium-sized pan, mix the potatoes with cream, garlic, butter, and a pinch of coarse salt. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, then reduce heat to moderate and simmer at low boil until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork for about 25 minutes.
- Cook Chateaubriand:
Preheat the oven to 175 ° C. Let the beef rest at room temperature for 15 minutes, then sprinkle it with salt and black pepper. In a large oven-safe skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil until it starts to flicker, for about 2 minutes. Put the meat in a pan and fry it on all sides until it is browned, for a total of about 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to a minimum and add 2 tbsp. l butter, mushrooms, garlic and thyme. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake the beef until the meat thermometer, inserted in the thickest part of the tenderloin, shows a temperature of 51-54 ° C, 6-8 minutes for a light roast. Remove the pan from the oven, transfer the roast to a chopping board, cover it with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes. Make Prescription Brain Bones – Baked Brain Bones.
- Make red wine sauce:
Transfer the mushrooms into a bowl and drain from the pan almost all the fat, leaving only 1 tbsp. l (discard garlic and thyme). Put the frying pan on medium heat, add shallots and red wine and cook, stirring and scraping off the sticky pieces from the bottom of the pan until it is almost dry, about 2 minutes. Add the broth and cream, bring to a boil and cook until the sauce thickens, 3-5 minutes. Return the mushrooms to the pan, salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
- Make mashed potatoes:
Place the colander in a large bowl. Put the hot potatoes in a colander. Shake potatoes to drain excess water. Pass the potatoes through the press (or mash it with a fork, if you prefer with slices) in a medium-sized bowl, periodically cleaning the edges of the press with a spoon. Pour the deferred and still hot cream onto the potatoes in small portions, stirring, until the desired consistency is obtained. Sprinkle mashed potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and serve immediately or keep in a warm oven at a temperature of 100 ° C.
- To serve, cut the twine from the roast and cut the meat across into two equal parts. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Put mashed potatoes on two warm plates. Put a piece of beef on each plate and pour wine and mushroom sauce on top. Spread the baked bones. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and serve.