Surprise your loved ones with an exquisite tart with rhubarb and almond filling. The pink stalks of rhubarb are expertly laid out in a geometric pattern over a thick layer of frangipan, and all this lies on a crumbly golden cake. In the recipe you will find detailed instructions on how to properly chop and lay rhubarb – it’s easier than it seems at first glance! Its sourness perfectly complements the sweet filling with almonds and notes of vanilla. The taste is balanced, and the tart itself looks festive.
Time: 2 hours 25 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 and 3/4 Art. premium flour
- 1/3 Art. Sahara
- A pinch of salt
- 110 gr. chilled unsalted diced butter
- 1 large egg
- Special equipment: 20 cm square
- 4 stalks of rhubarb (approximately 2.5 cm thick)
- 1 tsp sugar to sprinkle
- 110 gr. softened unsalted butter
- 0.5 tbsp. Sahara
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 Art. finely ground almonds
- 1 tsp premium flour
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C.
Pour flour into the bowl of the food processor, beat sugar and salt several times. Add the cubes of chilled butter and beat until the mixture becomes loose and mealy. Add the egg and beat until the dough gathers in a lump.
- Place the dough in a square tart shape 20 cm in size and evenly press it to its bottom and up the walls. Pin the bottom of the dough with a fork so that it does not rise. Bake for 12-15 minutes, the cake should still remain pale. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
Trim both ends of each stalk of rhubarb so that it is 20 cm long. Cut each stalk lengthwise in half. Keeping the halves cut together, cut each stalk into eight 2.5 cm squares. Cut each square diagonally in half to make triangles (128 in total).
- Almond filling:
Put butter and sugar in a mixer bowl and beat with a hand mixer until a light, fluffy mass is obtained. Add the eggs and continue to beat. Mix almond and wheat flour and vanilla extract into the oil mixture. Put the filling on the cooled cake and spread evenly with a pastry spatula.
- Geometric pattern:
Start at the top left corner. Take 4 triangles (upper parts) and arrange them together to make a frame with a diamond-shaped hole in the center. Repeat the same until you use all the upper parts of the triangle to get a total of 16 frames. Take the bottom triangular pieces and place them inside each frame with the slices up in the shape of a rhombus. Keep folding the pattern until you use all the pieces of rhubarb.
- Lubricate with a little water on top and sprinkle with sugar. Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes until the filling hardens. The top should bubble up, and the cake should brown. Allow the tart to cool for about 1 hour. Remove it from the mold, cut into slices and serve.