Thanks to the multicooker combining the functions of a slow cooker, pressure cooker and stove, the beef stew is cooked quickly, and you do not need to simmer it for several hours, as it was before. From the weekend’s main dish, he easily turns into a delicious dinner on a weekday evening. In addition to beef cubes, the composition also includes large pieces of carrots, celery, and whole heads of pearl onions (use frozen so as not to waste time cleaning). Everything is fried in a slow cooker, and then cooked in red wine in a pressure cooker mode under high pressure. As a result, the meat is melted, and the stew itself is very rich and aromatic.
Time: 1 hour. 25 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 kg. boneless beef neck, trim
- 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. l premium flour
- 2 tbsp. l tomato paste
- 1/3 Art. dry red wine
- 3 carrots, cut into pieces of 5 cm.
- 3 stalks of celery, cut into pieces of 5 cm.
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. frozen pearl onions
- Special equipment: Instant Pot Slow Cooker
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot and put it to fry (see Note).
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, mix the beef with flour, 2 tsp. salt and a generous portion of black pepper. Add meat and all flour to the slow cooker and distribute in one layer. Fry, without interfering, until golden brown below, about 3 minutes. Stir once and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Add tomato paste and mix to coat the meat.
- Add wine and bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, scraping off the adherent pieces from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add carrots, celery, thyme and onions and mix to coat. Close the cooker lid in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and cook in a pressure cooker for 40 minutes.
- Upon completion of the pressure cooker cycle, relieve pressure by following the instructions and wait until the cycle is complete. Trying not to burn yourself with residual steam, open and remove the cover.
Settings may vary depending on the model of your multicooker. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.