To prepare this thick warming soup, it is better to use a bean mixture, but if it is not at hand, take white beans. Add it along with barley, vegetables and spices to the slow cooker, fill it with water and cook soup until the beans are tender. The taste and aroma of the soup will give a little dried porcini mushrooms. Add them with all the ingredients, if any. Stir in spinach and grated parmesan into the soup and serve, sprinkling each serving with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
Time: 8 hours 15 minutes.
Servings: 8 – 10
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 tbsp. a dried mixture of legumes or white beans, sort and wash
- 0.5 tbsp. barley
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, coarsely chopped
- Half medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp dried italian herbs
- 15 gr dried porcini mushrooms, large crumble (optional)
- 1 can (400 gr.) Canned whole tomatoes in own juice
- 3 tbsp. washed small spinach (approximately 100 g.)
- 1/4 Art. freshly grated parmesan
- Balsamic vinegar to sprinkle
- Extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Special equipment: slow cooker
- Mix in a slow cooker 6 tbsp. water, beans, barley, garlic, carrots, celery, onions, bay leaf, 1.5 tbsp. l salt, a mixture of dried herbs, a little black pepper and porcini mushrooms (if you use them). Grind the tomatoes with your hands and add to the slow cooker along with the juices. Cover and cook with high heat until the beans are completely tender and the soup thickens, about 8 hours.
- Add spinach and cheese and stir until spinach withers for about 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the soup onto warm plates and sprinkle each serving with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.