Recipe Author – Nancy Fuller is an American chef, businesswoman, and presenter from Claverac, New York
Chicken soup with large elastic dumplings is a cozy home-made dish that the whole family will be happy with. There is protein, and starch, and vegetables – a wholesome hearty meal in one plate. Start with a rich chicken broth. When it is cooked, pour them a fry of leek, onions, carrots and celery, and a little flour will help slightly thicken the broth. Last but not least, dumplings are added to the soup – pieces of dough that are thrown directly into the pan. Do not try to give some ideal shape, as the dough will be wet. The coarser the dumplings, the more charming your rustic soup. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and enjoy.
Time: 1 hour. 45 minutes
Servings: 10 – 12
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2 chicken weighing 1.3 kg., Each cut into 6 pieces and back
- 110 gr. unsalted butter
- 6 medium carrots, cut into pieces of 2.5 cm.
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, cut into pieces of 2.5 cm.
- 2 large leeks, only the white part, cut into pieces of 1 cm. And soaked in cold water to remove sand
- 2 medium onions, chopped into pieces of 1 cm.
- 1 tbsp. l seasonings for poultry
- 0.5 tbsp. premium flour
- 2.5 tbsp. flour
- 3/4 Art. milk + optionally as needed
- 2 tbsp. l butter
- 1 tbsp. l baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 Art. chopped parsley
Put pieces of chicken and back in a large saucepan and pour 16 tbsp. water. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer at low boil until chicken is cooked, 25-30 minutes.
- Put the chicken out of the pan with tongs and set it aside so that it cools down; throw backs. As soon as the chicken cools down enough to hold it, remove the meat from the bones and chop; set aside. Strain the chicken stock and keep it warm.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add carrots, garlic, celery, leeks, onions, and poultry seasoning. Cook the vegetables until they begin to soften, 8-10 minutes, then pour in the flour.
- Add the deferred chicken stock, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer at low boil until the soup thickens a little and the vegetables soften, about 25 minutes. Add the chopped chicken and bring the soup to a boil.
Pour flour into a medium-sized bowl. Combine milk, butter, baking powder, salt and eggs with two butter knives. If necessary, add a little more milk, 1 tbsp. l at a time. The dough should be wet, but not liquid.
- Pull out pieces of dough of approximately ¼ st. and throw them directly into boiling soup, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.