A highlight of rich and satisfying pea soup in a pleasant aroma of smoked meats. In this recipe, dry chopped peas are put in a pan along with smoked pork knuckle and vegetable frying, poured with broth (or water) and cooked for at least an hour until the peas boil so that the soup thickens appetizingly. The taste is rich and warm. Before serving, remove the meat from the shank and put it back in the soup. For a more spicy taste, sprinkle soup with freshly ground black pepper in a bowl.
Time: 1 hour. 10 minutes.
Servings: 4 – 6
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 pack (450 gr.) Chopped peas, wash and sort
- 1 smoked pork shank weighing 0.7 kg.
- 1/4 Art. olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced in small cubes
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 l chicken stock, water or a mixture thereof
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, fry onions, celery and carrots. Add peas and shank and fill the broth a couple of centimeters above their level. Bring to a boil and cook for about 1 hour, until the soup thickens and the peas are almost completely boiled. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the shank from the pan and let it cool. Remove the meat from the bone and chop. Serve the soup with meat, sprinkled with black pepper.