Recipe author – Bobby flay (Bobby Fly) – a famous chef, restaurateur, reality TV host, restaurant owner
Menudo is a spicy Mexican beef scar soup that is cooked in a small amount of liquid with a generous portion of red pepper and other spices. It usually takes several hours to prepare menudo, and it is traditionally prepared for large holidays and weddings, or rather, for the day after the holiday, when this invigorating stew is served as an effective remedy for a hangover. Menudo is poured into deep bowls and eaten with corn tortillas. You can sprinkle with lime juice, sprinkle with fresh cilantro or add salsa. This recipe is provided by the Mexican restaurant of San Antonio.
Time: 1 hour. 30 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr beef scar cut into small squares
- 3 fresh cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tsp salt
- 0.5 tbsp. red chili powder
- 2 tsp oregano leaf
- 1 tbsp. l coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp zira powder
- Half a small onion, chopped
- 1 small can of yellow or white homini corn
- Put the beef tripe in a pot of boiling water, which is just enough to cover the tripe. Add garlic, onion and salt. Cover and cook for about 1 hour.
- When the scar becomes soft, add the remaining ingredients, including homini, and cook for another 15-20 minutes. Add more salt if necessary. This spicy dish goes well with cilantro and lime slices. Can be served with corn tortillas.