While you are at work or doing household chores, let the slow cooker prepare a tasty and healthy chicken soup for you that everyone will love. It will be useful due to the mass of vegetables and fiber-rich brown rice, and lemon juice and dill will fill the rich taste of the soup with bright, refreshing notes. Whole chicken thighs, on bones and with skin, are used in the preparation. Load them into the slow cooker with vegetables and leave to cook, and a few minutes before cooking, add boiled brown rice. A great way to use leftover rice after last night’s dinner.
Time: 8 hours 20 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 kg. chicken thighs with skin and bones (about 6 pcs.)
- 2 tbsp. boiled brown rice
- 5 stalks of celery, cut into pieces 0.5 cm thick.
- 3 large carrots, cut into pieces 0.5 cm thick.
- 2 large branches of dill + 1/4 tbsp. chopped dill for serving
- 2 large branches of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 small onion, peel
- 8 tbsp. lightly salted chicken stock
- 1 – 2 tbsp. l freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mix carrots and celery in a slow cooker. Add dill, thyme, bay leaf, onion and 0.5 tsp. salt.
- Rub chicken thighs over the entire surface, including under the skin, 1 tsp. salt and put them on top of vegetables. Add chicken stock. Cover and cook with low heat for 8 hours. 15 minutes before cooking, remove the chicken and stir in the rice. While the rice is warming up, remove the skin and bones from the chicken, and grind the meat (it will fall apart).
- After 15 minutes, turn off the slow cooker and remove the stems of dill and thyme, as well as the bay leaf. Add chopped chicken and 1 tbsp. l lemon juice. Try it and if necessary add more lemon juice and salt. Add black pepper to taste and chopped dill. Serve the soup hot, additionally garnishing with dill.