Recipe Author – Claire Thomas – author of cookbooks, writes product reviews, director, and video blogger
The main secret of delicious ramen in its broth. Cook it from fried bacon, fried onions and ginger, soy sauce and Japanese mirin, taking as a basis any broth that is at hand, chicken, pork or vegetable. The taste is rich and multifaceted. Strain it and pour the noodles into deep bowls. Garnish each serving with half the boiled egg, green onions, nori and a slice of caramelized lard, the recipe for which is also presented below.
Time: 3 hours 45 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr instant noodles
- 4 eggs in a bag
- 0.5 tbsp. finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 Art. chili pasta
- 4 pieces of nori
- 2 onions, cut in half
- 2.5 cm. Fresh ginger root, peel
- 2 tbsp. l finely chopped bacon
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 2 green onion feathers
- 1 leek, washed and cut in half
- 2 l broth (chicken, pork or vegetable)
- 1/4 Art. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. l Mirina (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 0.7 kg whole piece of pork fat with skin
- 1/4 Art. coarse salt
- 1/4 Art. Sahara
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. sake
- Preheat the oven in grill mode. Put onion and ginger on a baking sheet and fry until they turn black on top, about 10 minutes.
Fry the bacon in a large saucepan over low heat until all the fat has melted and the bacon has become crispy for about 10 minutes. Combine the fried onions and ginger, garlic, green onions, leeks, broth, soy sauce, mirin and salt in the same pan. Simmer for 2-3 hours while cooking lard. Strain the broth and it is ready to serve.
- Caramelized Pork Belly:
Preheat the oven to 175 ° C. Sprinkle lard with salt, sugar and black pepper. Put a piece of bacon in the frypot and fill it with sake. Bake in the oven for 1.5 hours, and then increase the temperature to 230 ° C and let the fat be caramelized. It should be gentle, but not soft.
- Cool the lard to room temperature. Wrap it tightly in a film and place in the refrigerator so that it cools completely. Then chop the fat into thick pieces. Set aside for serving with noodles.
Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packaging. Put the noodles in a bowl, then add the lard and pour the broth. Add any toppings to taste!