This delicious and healthy cream soup is rich in antioxidants and fiber. Spinach and shiitake mushrooms accentuate the deep flavor of Japanese matcha tea. Butter and heavy cream balance its natural bitterness, while the fats they contain help the taste blossom. The soup is made with fried shiitake mushrooms. Set aside some of the fried mushrooms for serving and garnish each serving of the creamy soup, complementing the chopped fresh green onions. The soup is delicious and delicious, just like in a restaurant.
Time: 45 minutes
The recipes use measuring containers with a volume of:
1 glass (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (st.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp. L.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr. shiitake mushrooms, cut the legs, thinly chop the caps
- 110 g unsalted butter
- 4 sprigs thyme, stems removed
- 6 green onion feathers (1 bunch), white and light green parts separate from dark green, chop thinly
- 2 tbsp. l. matcha powder, sieved
- 1/4 Art. dry white wine
- 8 Art. slightly salted chicken broth
- 1 box (280g) frozen spinach, thaw
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
Cooking a recipe:
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, thyme, and white and light green scallions; season with salt, pepper and stir-fry, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are browned and stick to the bottom of the pan, about 10 minutes. About 0.5 tbsp. transfer the mushrooms to paper towels to drain off excess fat.
- Sprinkle the matcha over the mushrooms in a saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Pour in the wine and stir, scraping off any adhering pieces from the bottom of the pan. Pour in chicken stock and add spinach. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid evaporates slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and whisk in a blender in two batches until very smooth, about 2 minutes per batch. Return the puree soup to the saucepan, add the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with the set fried mushrooms and green onions.