Recipe author – Aina Garten (Ina Garten) – author of television projects, TV presenter, culinary writer
This gentle cream soup made from fresh ripe tomatoes will take a permanent place in your summer diet as soon as you try it. Soup is cooked in chicken broth along with a frying of carrots, onions, garlic. The taste is saturated and bright, especially when you mix the chopped basil. At the very end, fat cream is added to the soup, and everything is rubbed through a vegetable mill to remove seeds, peel and all solid particles, and the texture is homogeneous and delicate. Serve by garnishing each serving with fresh, fragrant basil and crackers.
Time: 1 hour. 15 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1.8 kg ripe coarsely chopped tomatoes (5 large)
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp. chopped red onion (2 pcs.)
- 2 carrots, unpeeled, chopped
- 1 tbsp. l chopped garlic (3 cloves)
- 1.5 tsp Sahara
- 1 tbsp. l tomato paste
- 1/4 Art. chopped fresh basil leaves + ribbed leaves for serving
- 3 tbsp. chicken broth, preferably homemade
- 1 tbsp. l coarse salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 Art. fat cream
- Crackers for serving
- In a large saucepan with a thick bottom over moderate heat, heat olive oil. Add onions and carrots and fry for about 10 minutes until soft. Add garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste, basil, chicken stock, salt, black pepper and mix well. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce heat and simmer at low boil, without covering, for 30-40 minutes, until the tomatoes become very tender.
- Add cream to the soup and pass it through the vegetable mill into the bowl, discarding only the dry pulp. Heat the soup over low heat and serve, sprinkled with fresh basil and / or crackers.