Thanks to grilled chicken and canned vegetables, this traditional Mexican stew is cooked in just 16 minutes. In addition to chicken, which you just need to chop into two pieces with two forks, the ambassador includes onions, garlic, carrots, many spices typical of Mexican cuisine, canned pimento peppers, khomini corn and tomatoes in their own juice. Everything is filled with broth and warmed up for several minutes so that the aromas mix. Serve a hot stew, topping each portion with toppings: fresh cilantro, chopped radish, avocado, sour cream, spicy sauce and lime slices to sprinkle with juice.
Time: 20 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. l extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. small carrots, sliced in circles
- 1 tbsp. l chopped fresh oregano
- 3 feathers of green onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 1 can (110 g) canned pimento peppers, dry
- 1 tbsp. l coarse salt
- 2 tsp ground zira
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. l tomato paste
- 1 liter (4 tbsp.) Lightly salted chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. chopped grilled chicken (white or dark meat, optional)
- 1 can (425 g.) Of canned white khomini corn, drain the liquid
- 1 can (425 gr.) Canned baked tomatoes, grated
- 2 limes, 1 cut in half and 1 cut into slices
- 1 tbsp. Shredded Peking Cabbage
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, tear off the leaves
- 1/4 Art. thinly chopped radishes
- 1 diced avocado
- 0.5 tbsp. sour cream
- Hot sauce, as needed
- Place the cauldron over medium heat and add olive oil. Add carrots, oregano, green onions and garlic and fry until tender. Stir in pimento, salt, zira, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Raise the heat to maximum and fry, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add the tomato paste and fry until the color becomes more saturated, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, chopped chicken, hominis and grated baked tomatoes. Bring to a slight boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until everything warms up, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and add half lime juice to the soup. Taste and salt if necessary.
- To serve, put a little chopped Beijing cabbage in each soup bowl and pour the hot soup on top. Sprinkle with cilantro, radish, avocado, sour cream and sprinkle with hot sauce. Serve with lime wedges.