This Mexican dish, tailored to a keto diet, is made from pieces of beef, which are slowly stewed with tomatoes, onions, spices and chili peppers until the meat is tender and melting in your mouth. The taste of chili con carne (isp. chili with meat) it turns out to be very spicy, moderately sharp, warming, and slices of nutmeg pumpkin perfectly complement it with their sweet touch and absorb a lot of delicious meat sauce. Serve the chili by sprinkling with grated cheddar and fresh cilantro and sprinkling with sour cream.
Time: 55 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 0.7 kg boneless beef neck, cut into cubes of 2.5 cm.
- 1 dried pepper ancho
- 1 dried guajillo pepper
- 3.5 tbsp. beef broth
- 3 tbsp. l vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground zira
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. l tomato paste
- 1 can (800 gr.) Canned chopped tomatoes
- 0.7 kg peeled pumpkin, peeled seeds and seeds, cut into pieces of 2.5 cm.
- Sour cream, grated cheddar and fresh cilantro leaves for serving
- Put the anchovy and guajillo peppers in a medium-sized saucepan, pour the beef broth and bring to a boil over moderate heat. Cover, remove from heat and let the peppers soften for about 15 minutes. Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and put them in a blender along with beef broth. Beat until smooth, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large cauldron over moderate heat, heat vegetable oil. Add beef, 1 tsp. salt and a little black pepper and fry, mixing 1-2 times, until the beef is browned, about 10 minutes.
- Place the beef with a slotted spoon on a paper towel plate. Add the onions to the pan and fry, stirring occasionally, until it becomes soft. Add the garlic, chili powder, zira and oregano and fry until the garlic flavor has gone, for about 1 minute. Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, chili puree, beef, 2 tsp. salt and a little black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, cover, stirring occasionally, until the beef becomes tender and easily separated by a fork, about 1 hour.
- Add the nutmeg pumpkin and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes. Serve with sour cream, cheddar and cilantro.