Stuffed peppers are one of the most delicious summer dishes that you want to enjoy throughout the season incredibly healthy and vitamin-rich sweet peppers. In the preparation of the filling, you can use the remains of boiled rice or purchased frozen rice. Mix it with ground beef stewed with tomatoes and spices, grated cheese, eggs and breadcrumbs and stuff the peppers, after boiling them lightly in the microwave. Stuffed peppers are then sprinkled with grated mozzarella and baked until all the filling inside is warmed up, and the cheese should melt appetizingly on the surface.
Time: 2 hours
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr ground beef
- 6 medium green sweet peppers, tops and seeds remove
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (800 gr.) Canned chopped baked tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. boiled rice
- 1 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1.5 tbsp. grated mozzarella
- 0.5 tbsp. simple breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 tsp Worcester sauce
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
- Pour about 5 cm. Of water into a large pan, placing a double boiler on top and bring to a strong boil. Arrange the peppers in a double boiler, cover the pan with a lid and cook, turning the peppers as necessary, until they become more flexible and pliable, for about 25 minutes. Take out the peppers with a slotted spoon and place the hole down on paper towels to glass the water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable oil, onions and a pinch of salt and fry, stirring occasionally, until the onions become soft and transparent, about 8 minutes. Raise the fire to moderately strong. Add ground beef, garlic, 2 tsp. salt and a little freshly ground black pepper and fry, stirring and breaking lumps of minced meat until it is browned and almost completely fried, about 5 minutes.
- Add baked tomatoes, bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Allow to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl, add rice, parsley, 1 tbsp. mozzarella, breadcrumbs, eggs and Worcester sauce and mix to distribute everything evenly.
- Place the peppers in a 22 x 32 cm baking dish. If they fall, cut them a bit from the bottom (without cutting the pepper right through) to make a flat surface.
- Stuff the peppers with a generous portion of the meat mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 0.5 tbsp. grated mozzarella. Add just enough water to the mold to cover its bottom. Cover with foil and bake until the peppers are soft and the filling is completely warmed up, about 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes.