Recipe author – Aina Garten (Ina Garten) – author of television projects, TV presenter, culinary writer
Fried bacon in glaze from maple syrup conquers with its wonderful taste, which harmoniously combines salty, smoked and sweet caramel notes. It can be used in making sandwiches or served just like a snack. Such bacon is prepared in the oven, and so that the slices do not float in the melted fat and turn out to be evenly crispy, bake them on a grid stand mounted on a baking sheet with sides. Apply maple syrup a few minutes before readiness so that it does not burn out, but turns into a magnificent sticky glaze.
Time: 30 minutes.
Servings: 4 – 8
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 300 gr thick slices of bacon (16 pcs.)
- 1 – 2 tbsp. l maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Place the wire rack on the baking sheet and place the slices of bacon on the wire rack in one layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the bacon begins to brown. Carefully remove the pan from the oven, there will be hot fat!
- Brush slices of bacon with maple syrup and bake for another 3-5 minutes until the bacon is golden brown. Place the bacon on a plate covered with paper towels and serve warm.