Recipe author – Robert Irwin (Robert Irvine) – famous chef, TV presenter, culinary writer, co-owner of the restaurant
To prepare this salad, you can use any salad greens and its mixture, for example, a combination of mung, rucola and chicory will be delicious. Their natural bitterness is perfectly balanced by sweet tomatoes, carrots and juicy cucumbers. And the highlight of this salad is an Italian dressing based on red wine vinegar with olive oil, garlic, fresh oragano, thyme and parsley. The dressing is very fragrant and bright Mediterranean. Sprinkle vegetables thoroughly with it, and put the leftovers next to it on the table – many will want to add more to themselves.
Time: 15 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 6 tbsp. mixtures of salad greens (e.g. mung, rucola, chicory) washed and dried in a greens dryer
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced in circles
- 1/4 Art. red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, slightly chopped and cut into 4 parts
- 1 tsp fresh oregano leaves (3-4 small twigs)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (3-4 small branches)
- 1 tsp fresh parsley leaves (3-4 small twigs)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3/4 Art. extra virgin olive oil
- Through the feeding hole of a working blender, add vinegar, garlic, oregano, thyme, parsley, salt and black pepper to the bowl in turn. Then, without stopping the blender, gradually pour in a thin stream of olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently mix greens, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots with enough dressing to cover everything. Serve on the table with the remaining dressing next to it.