Photo of the dish: Kon Pulos
This original salad recipe is made from ingredients included in the famous Italian Sub sandwich. The salad consists of four types of sausages, olives, pickled vegetables, cheese, lettuce and fried bread.
Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 6 – 8
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1/2 tbsp. chopped pickled peppers
- 2.5 tbsp. pickled jardinier vegetables (such as cauliflower, onions, celery, zucchini, carrots) chop the vegetables and leave 2 tbsp. l brine
- 60 gr boiled Bologna sausage “Mortadella”, cut into strips
- 60 gr dried prosciutto ham, cut into strips
- 30 gr Cacicolla cured ham, cut into strips
- 30 gr salami sausages, cut into strips
- 60 gr sharp Provolone cheese, cut into thin slices
- 3 tbsp. diced bread
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil
- 3/4 Art. fresh basil leaves tear with hands
- 1/2 tbsp. sliced olives and olives
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce, chop sticks
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. In a bowl, mix the bread with 1 tbsp. l olive oil. Put the bread on a baking sheet with an even layer, put in the oven and bake, until crisp, 8 – 10 minutes, cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, mix the giardiniere vegetables, basil, olives, peppers, romaine lettuce, mortadella, prosciutto, capicolla, salami, provolone cheese with 1 tbsp. l olive oil. Pour over the salad with brine and salt to taste. Let the salad infuse for 20 minutes.
- Add croutons to the salad and shake.