In this Asian-style dish, traditional fried rice was replaced with quinoa, and it turned out to be more useful and acquired an interesting texture that distinguishes this cereal. Boil the quinoa in advance and let it dry before frying. Fry in a frying pan or in a wok using the steer-fry technique along with eggplant, carrots, green onions, shrimps and spices. Serve fried quinoa with fried eggs. Great for a nutritious breakfast as well as for a delicious lunch.
Time: 45 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 tbsp. quinoa
- 6 tbsp. l vegetable oil
- 1 small Japanese eggplant (approximately 170 gr.), Cut lengthwise in half and cut into slices 1 cm thick.
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 1 small carrot, chopped into strips
- 2.5 cm. Ginger root, peel and chop
- 1 bunch of green onions, finely chopped (white parts separate from green)
- 2 tbsp. l soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark sesame oil
- 0.5 tsp asian fish sauce
- 450 gr small shrimp, peeled from shells and intestinal veins
- 4 large eggs
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly. Put the groats in a large pan and pour 3 tbsp. water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to simmer slowly and cook until the quinoa is soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and place on a baking sheet with sides to cool.
- In a large skillet with a non-stick coating or wok over moderate heat, heat 3 tbsp. l vegetable oil. Add the eggplant and fry until they begin to darken, 2-3 minutes. Add another 2 tbsp to the pan. l vegetable oil add garlic, carrots, ginger and a white portion of green onions. Fry until vegetables soften for about 1 minute. Add soy sauce, sesame oil and fish sauce.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until they begin to change color, about 2 minutes. Add cooled quinoa. Continue cooking, stirring until the shrimp is fully cooked, about 3 minutes. Add the green onions. Arrange the quinoa with shrimp in four plates.
- Wipe the pan and heat over the remaining 1 tbsp. Over moderate heat. l vegetable oil. Beat the eggs in a pan, salt, pepper and fry until tender, about 3 minutes.
Put fried eggs in each bowl.