To make the chicken in a crispy breading also useful, bake it in the oven, while removing oily skin. In a breading made from a mixture of rice flakes and crushed bagel chips, it will turn out very golden and crispy, like from deep fat, without the need for a lot of oil. And to keep the chicken juicy, use pieces with bones. Cover them with low-calorie mustard mayonnaise, roll in spicy crumbs and bake in the oven on a wire rack so that the heat circulates freely and the pieces are browned on all sides. Such a chicken will appeal to the whole family, and you will not have to worry about harmful fats.
Calories 408, total fat 23 g. saturated fats 3 g. squirrels 31 g. carbohydrates sixteen g. cellulose 1 g. cholesterol 95 mg., sodium 1167 mg., sugar 1 g.
Time: 1 hour.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 4 pieces of chicken on the bones, without skin, about 170 gr. each
- 2 and 1/4 Art. broken bagel chips or Melba toasts
- 1 and 1/3 Art. cereal breakfast cereals e.g. Crispix
- 1 tbsp. l rapeseed oil (canola)
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.5 tsp sweet paprika
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 tbsp. low calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C, place on a baking sheet covered with foil, stand-rack. Sprinkle the grill gently with a cooking spray.
- Grind bagel chips with cereal in a food processor. Pour the crumbs into a 4 L plastic bag. Add oil, salt, cayenne pepper, paprika and ground black pepper and mix thoroughly. In a medium shallow bowl, mix light mayonnaise with Dijon mustard.
- Put the chicken in the mayonnaise mixture and turn it over to evenly coat on all sides. Put the chicken in a bag, seal and shake to evenly crumble each piece. Put the chicken pieces on the prepared wire rack. Sprinkle the chicken evenly over the cooking spray.
- Bake until the chicken is covered with a golden crust, and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken does not show a temperature of 71 ° C, 35-40 minutes.
Transfer the chicken to a dish and serve hot or at room temperature.
On a note
We prefer to cook chicken on the bone so that it turns out more juicy. If you cannot find chicken on bones without skin, just peel off the skin before use. The halves of the chicken breast can be quite large, so it’s better to cut them into convenient pieces of 170 grams, about the same size as the chicken thigh.