Recipe author – Aina Garten (Ina Garten) – author of television projects, TV presenter, culinary writer
Photo of the dish: Quentin Bacon
Club sandwiches (club sandwiches) with goat cheese and herbs – a detailed recipe for cooking.
Time: 15 minutes.
Amount: 40 – 45 sandwiches
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
For club sandwiches:
- 1 kg. bread “8 cereals”, cut into thin slices
- 1 large greenhouse cucumber, do not peel
For the spread:
- 240 gr. cream cheese (mascarpone or philadelphia), room temperature
- 300 gr goat cheese monrache or any soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 1.5 tsp (2 cloves) minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp. l chopped fresh parsley
- 5 – 6 tbsp. l cream or milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the spread: mix with a mixer at medium speed cream cheese, goat cheese, garlic, thyme, parsley, 5 tbsp. l milk, salt and pepper, until smooth. If the spread is thick, dilute with a little milk.
- Make Club Sandwiches: spread with spread all slices of bread. Cut the cucumber into thin slices and put in half the buttered slices of bread. Cover with the remaining slices of bread.
Carefully cut the crust from the sandwiches and cut in half, then cut diagonally into triangles.
- Cover ready-made club sandwiches with slightly damp paper towels and wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate and cool. Before serving, cut the sandwiches diagonally.