To prepare this snack you do not have to roll out the dough or buy ready-made tartlets. They can be easily made from white bread! Peels are cut from slices of bread, and the crumb is rolled into a thin layer. To give it the shape of tartlets, you will need a metal mold for muffins. Flattened slices of bread are laid out in cells, baked and filled with filling: cream cheese, mozzarella, plum-like tomatoes and fresh basil – the main ingredients of Italian caprese. The appetizer is prepared without hassle and will become a real hit at your home party.
Time: 25 minutes
The recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 8 slices of white bread
- 1/4 Art. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. l softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 thinly sliced tomatoes
- 110 gr. fresh mozzarella (a ball about 5 cm in size), chop finely
- Balsamic sauce to drizzle
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Special equipment: metal mold for muffins
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C.
- Cut the crusts from the bread and, using a large spoon or rolling pin, gently flatten the slices of bread until they become thin. Lubricate both sides of the bread with olive oil. Press them into the cells of the muffin mold to make tartlets. Set aside.
- In a small bowl with a fork, mix cream cheese, garlic powder, dried basil, salt and black pepper until smooth. Lay out about 1 tsp. cheese mixture to the bottom of each muffin cell. Bake tartlets until golden brown, 12-13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, generously salt the tomato slices. As soon as the tartlets are browned, remove them from the oven and transfer to the wire rack. Put a slice of mozzarella on top of cream cheese, then 1-2 slices of tomato. Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic sauce; sprinkle with finely chopped basil.