Recipe author – Aina Garten (Ina Garten) – author of television projects, TV presenter, culinary writer
Caramelized baked tomatoes have a rich taste with which any of your dishes will become brighter. Add them to pizza, risotto, Italian pasta, tomato sauce, grilled meat or a sandwich, and you will see how the taste of the dish or appetizer changes. For cooking, sliced plum-like tomatoes are sprayed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and sprinkled with sugar and garlic. When baking, all these ingredients merge into a wonderful flavoring bouquet. Serve baked tomatoes hot or cooled on toasts, and enjoy.
Time: 30 minutes.
Amount: 24 cloves
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- Remove 12 plum-like tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half, remove the cores and seeds
- 4 tbsp. l olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp. l balsamic vinegar
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Sahara
- 1.5 tsp coarse salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 230 ° C.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a baking sheet in one layer, slicing up. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the tomatoes with garlic, sugar, salt and black pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the tomatoes begin to caramelize. You can bake cherry tomatoes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature on toasts.
Recipe for Baked Tomato Sandwiches.