If you crave to cook something unusual and original, bake Asian-style pizza with instant noodle cakes. This appetizer contains all the traditional ramen toppings, only in the form of pizza. Boiled noodles are fried in a cast-iron pan until it looks like a golden crispy pancake, and then covered with toppings and baked in the oven so that the “pizza” warms up. Use Japanese mayonnaise and tonkatsu sauce for the sauce, and chopped cabbage, bean sprouts, daikon, green onions, boiled eggs, seaweed chips, bacon, pickled ginger and chili are suitable for the filling.
Time: 55 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 large eggs, 2 whole and 1 lightly beaten
- 3 thick slices of bacon, cut into pieces of 2 cm.
- 1 pack (85 gr.) Instant noodles
- 2 tbsp. l vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. l Japanese mayonnaise e.g. Kewpie
- 2 tbsp. l tonkatsu sauce or teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp. l Asian hot sauce, such as syrac
- 1/3 Art. finely chopped bean cabbage
- 1/4 Art. grated daikon
- 1/4 Art. bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 Art. shredded seaweed chips
- 1 tsp togarashi or red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. l pickled ginger
- 1 medium chilli pod, thinly sliced
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a boil; prepare a bowl of ice water. Gently add 2 whole eggs (in shell) to boiling water and cook for 8 minutes. Drain and transfer eggs immediately to a bowl of ice water. When they have cooled slightly, peel, cut and set aside.
- Fill the same small pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the bacon and cook until some of the fat has melted, about 4 minutes. Drain and set the bacon aside.
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
- Refill the same small pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add instant noodles and cook for 30 seconds. Drain immediately and mix the noodles with beaten egg in a medium-sized bowl.
- Oil the inside of a large cast-iron pan with vegetable oil. Put the noodles in the center of the pan. Place a smaller pan on top, about 15 cm in diameter, and firmly press the noodles. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove the small pan and place the cast-iron noodle pan on the burner. Fry over medium heat, periodically shaking the pan so that the noodles do not stick until it becomes golden and crispy from below, for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the noodles over with a spatula. Remove the pan from the heat and grease the “cake” with mayonnaise, tonkatsu sauce and hot sauce. Top with cabbage, daikon, bean sprouts and green onions.
- Bake until the filling warms up, about 5 minutes. Transfer the pizza from the cast-iron pan to a cutting board. Sprinkle with seaweed, togarashi seasoning, eggs, pickled ginger, bacon and chili. Slice into slices and serve immediately.