Recipe author – Aina Garten (Ina Garten) – author of television projects, TV presenter, culinary writer
Classic Italian marinara sauce is part of many Italian dishes. With it you can cook pasta, pizza, rice, serve instead of ketchup with ravioli. Wherever you add it, the dish will take on a Mediterranean character. The sauce is easily prepared from canned grated tomatoes, which are boiled with onions and garlic fried in olive oil. Dry red wine fills the sauce with a rich multi-faceted taste – Italian Chianti, as well as chopped fresh parsley, are perfect. The sauce is very aromatic and thick. Pour them spaghetti and enjoy.
Time: 45 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 tbsp. l olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped onion (1 pc.)
- 1.5 tsp chopped garlic
- 0.5 tbsp. quality red wine, for example, Chianti
- 1 can (800 gr.) Of canned grated tomatoes, or plum-like tomatoes in mashed potatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. l chopped fresh parsley
- 1.5 tsp coarse salt
- 0.5 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet with a diameter of 30 cm, heat the olive oil. Add the onions and fry over medium heat until it becomes clear, 5-10 minutes. Add garlic and fry another 1 minute.
- Add the wine and cook over high heat, scraping off the sticky pieces from the bottom of the pan until almost all the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, parsley, salt and black pepper to taste. Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.