Cheese fondue is loved by both adults and children, because it is so fun to dip all sorts of goodies in a viscous cheese sauce. Your children will also be happy to help you prepare fondue snacks while you cook the sauce. For children’s fondue, just replace traditional white wine with clarified apple juice, and for appetizers you can prepare slices of bread, boiled pasta, apple slices, vegetables, pretzels, in general, anything you want.
Time: 30 min.
Servings: 6 – 8
The recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr grated gruyere
- 1/4 Art. grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp. clarified apple juice
- 2 tbsp. l corn starch
- 0.5 tsp rustic dijon mustard
- 1 baguette, cut into pieces of 1 cm. (About 8 tbsp.)
- 2 crunchy apples, peeled and sliced into thin slices
- 2 tbsp. baked potato balls
- 2 tbsp. broccoli inflorescences
- 2 tbsp. boiled penne pasta
- 1 tbsp. mix of grape tomatoes and cherry in different colors, cut in half
- 1 tbsp. pretzels or crackers
- 220 gr salami, chopped into pieces of 1 cm.
- 0.5 tbsp. gherkins or pickles
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, bring the apple juice to a boil. In a medium-sized bowl, combine gruyere and corn starch. Add to the boiling juice a handful of cheese, stirring constantly until smooth and let the sauce boil between additives for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the parmesan, mustard and 0.5 tsp. salt and a little black pepper. Pour the sauce into a serving bowl and serve with any dipping appetizers (select 3-4 appetizer options).
Do not leave your child in the kitchen unattended. Limit him to tasks appropriate to his age.