To prepare a delicious Italian pasta without the hassle, you only need spaghetti, canned tomatoes in your own juice, fresh basil and some spices. The taste and aroma turn out to be luxurious, the combination of sweet tomatoes, spicy garlic and fragrant basil makes this simple dish truly Italian and at any time of the year recalls the sunny summer. In this recipe, San Marzano tomatoes are used, they are sweeter than other types. Serve the pasta with sprinkled parmesan. Optionally, the base tomato sauce can be supplemented with other ingredients: crispy bacon, shrimp or a handful of spinach.
Time: 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 tbsp. l extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A pinch of grated red pepper flakes
- 1 can (800 gr.) Canned San Marzano tomatoes, grind
- 1 tbsp. torn basil leaves
- 340 gr spaghetti
- Grated Parmesan, optional
- In a large pan, bring salted water to a boil.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, stir, stirring, olive oil, garlic, 0.5 tsp. salt and flakes of red pepper, until the oil is heated and the garlic begins to fry, 4-6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes; rinse the jar for about 1 tbsp. water, and pour the water into the pan. Add basil, increase heat to moderately strong and cook until the sauce thickens, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add spaghetti to boiling water and boil as recommended on the package; drain the water thoroughly.
Add the boiled spaghetti to the sauce and mix to completely cover. Sprinkle with parmesan if desired.