This Argentinean sauce, bright in taste and aroma, is prepared from a mixture of fresh herbs – parsley, cilantro and oregano, whipped in a blender with garlic, wine vinegar and olive oil. A little jalapeno pepper will give it a piquant hotness. The sauce is served fresh and is ideal for grilled meat, fish and vegetables. Can also be used as marinade. With it, any of your dishes will be special.
Time: 15 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 3 tbsp. l red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 0.5 tbsp. tightly laid fresh parsley leaves
- 0.5 tbsp. tightly laid fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. l tightly laid fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 Art. ice cubes
- 1 jalapeno pod, peeled from the stalk and seeds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Art. + 2 tbsp. l extra virgin olive oil
- Combine vinegar, garlic and a large pinch of salt in a blender and beat at low speed until smooth. Add parsley, cilantro, oregano, ice and jalapenos and beat at medium speed. Without stopping the blender, pour in the olive oil gradually and beat until smooth, about 1 minute, stopping to scrape the sauce from the sides of the bowl if necessary. Salt and pepper chimichurri to taste and transfer to a serving bowl, cover with cling film and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Output: 2/3 Art.