Recipe Author – Ingrid Hoffmann chef, host, producer
This quick version of a Mexican mole sauce can be cooked in just 30 minutes. You save time without losing your taste. It turns out to be as rich and rich as in the original recipe. The sauce contains tomatoes, peanut butter, chili, adobo peppers, some natural chocolate and a lot of spices. As a result, the taste is amazing, with sweet, burning and smoked notes. No one will guess if you decide to cheat and shorten the cooking time by adding ready-made grilled chicken to the sauce. Serve by sprinkling each serving with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, orange zest, fresh cilantro and avocado.
Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 – 6
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves, minced garlic
- 1 chipotle pepper with 1 tsp. chopped adobo sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp. raisins
- 2 tbsp. canned chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. l creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. lightly salted chicken stock
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 40 gr unsweetened chocolate (or 2 tbsp. l. cocoa powder without sugar)
- 1 grilled chicken, grind meat (discard bones and skin)
- 1/4 Art. coarsely chopped peanuts for serving
- 1 tsp sesame seeds for feeding
- Zest 1 orange, for serving
- Fresh cilantro for serving
- Lime wedges for serving
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted and finely chopped, for serving
- Wheat tortillas for serving
- Place the pot over medium heat and add olive oil. Add onion and garlic and fry, stirring, to soften for 5 minutes. Add the chipotle with adobo sauce, raisins and tomatoes, stirring to evenly distribute. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Gently pour the mixture into a blender. Add peanut butter, broth, ground chili and cinnamon. Beat the mixture until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the sauce to the pan and heat over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chocolate and stir until it melts. Add chopped grilled chicken and heat it.
- Transfer the mole to a serving dish and sprinkle with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds and orange zest. Serve with cilantro, lime, avocado and tortilla.