This easy-to-cook vegetarian salad is a great mix of succulent salad greens, red onions, sweet grape tomatoes, mandarin slices, tofu, fresh ginger and delicious dressing. Before adding tofu to the rest of the ingredients, cut it into cubes, marinate for at least one hour in a dressing based on soy sauce and rice vinegar with spices and fry until golden brown. Instead of fresh tangerines, use canned ones – the taste will be even more interesting! Collect the salad just before serving. Keep the remaining dressing in the refrigerator in the bank until the next time.
Time: 1 hour. 30 minutes.
Servings: 2 – 4
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1/4 Art. lightly salted soy sauce
- 1/4 Art. rice vinegar + optionally as needed
- 2 tbsp. l chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. l brown sugar + optionally as needed
- 3/4 tsp dark sesame oil
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves, minced garlic
- 2/3 Art. + 2 tbsp. l olive oil
- 1 pack (400 gr.) Extra-hard tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp. l sesame seeds
- 1 pack (280 gr.) Salad greens
- 1 tbsp. red grape tomatoes cut in half
- Half a red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 can (300 gr.) Canned tangerines, drain the liquid
- To prepare a dressing, mix in a blender soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, brown sugar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, garlic and 2/3 tbsp. olive oil. Beat until the mixture completely turns into an emulsion. Try dressing to taste and add more vinegar or sugar if necessary. Pour half the dressing into a jar and refrigerate the salad.
- Put the tofu cubes in a bowl and fill with the remaining dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Remove the tofu from the dressing and pat dry with paper towels. In a non-stick pan over medium heat, heat the remaining 2 tbsp. l olive oil. Fry the tofu on all sides until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add sesame seeds and fry for another minute. Lay on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- To collect the salad, put in a large bowl salad greens, halved tomatoes and chopped onions. Pour out half of the remaining dressing, leaving the rest the next time. Stir to cover with dressing. Arrange tofu and tangerines on top of the greens. Serve immediately.