Recipe author – Rachel Ray (Rachael Ray) – TV presenter, famous chef, business woman, culinary writer
Puttanesca pasta got its name in honor of Italian brothel workers who did not spend much time cooking food and used what was most often in the refrigerator, which included spaghetti, anchovies, olives, tomatoes, capers and garlic. Boiled pasta was mixed with a quick sauce of the remaining ingredients, and a very tasty dish was obtained. Indeed, it takes less than half an hour to cook. Serve by sprinkling with grated Parmesan and setting next to a salad of bitter greens. It turns out very juicy. Do not forget to wipe the whole sauce from the plate with bread and enjoy every bite.
Time: 30 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr spaghetti boiled to al dente
- 2 tbsp. l extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 can of anchovy fillet, dry
- 0.5 tsp grated red pepper flakes
- 20 black olives in oil, remove the seeds and chop coarsely
- 3 tbsp. l capers
- 1 can (900 gr.) Canned grated tomatoes
- 1 can (400 gr.) Canned chopped tomatoes, drain the liquid
- A little freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 Art. (a couple of handfuls) chopped parsley
- Crusted bread
- Grated Parmesan or Romano, served (optional)
Bitter greens salad
- 4 tbsp. (approximately 2 bunches) arugula, coarsely chopped
- 1.5 tbsp. (approximately 1 bunch) of watercress leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 head of radicchio, coarsely chopped
- 1 large lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil, 2 – 3 tbsp. l
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Black olives in oil, for serving
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add olive oil, garlic, anchovies and red pepper. Fry the mixture until the anchovies are completely dissolved in oil and the garlic is soft, about 3 minutes: the smell will be amazing! Add olives, capers, tomatoes, black pepper and parsley. Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes with a slight boil.
- Combine the sauce with boiled pasta. Place bread and cheese on the table and serve pasta with bitter greens salad.
Bitter greens salad:
Mix greens in a salad bowl. Squeeze the juice from 1 lemon on top. Sprinkle the salad well with extra virgin olive oil. Stir, salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the salad in plates. Garnish each serving with black olives in oil.