In the summer, in the tomato season, Italians love to cook light, but at the same time, hearty, tasty and refreshing panzanella salad. Sliced tomatoes are mixed with stale bread cubes, fresh basil, cucumbers, capers and with vinegar dressing. In this recipe, canned chickpeas and pieces of tuna are the main ingredients of the classic panzanella. It turns out even more satisfying and tastier. Serve the salad as soon as you mix it with the dressing, so that the bread is not very soft. If you do not have stale bread, cut the baguette into cubes and dry in the oven.
Time: 20 minutes.
Servings: 6 – 8
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 8 tbsp. 2 cm baguette cubes, stale or fried (about 220 g.)
- 0.9 kg ripe tomatoes, cut into pieces of 2 cm. (about 4 tablespoons)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. chopped celery
- 1 tbsp. canned chickpeas washed
- 1 tbsp. thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1 tbsp. canned tuna, dried and chopped
- 1/4 Art. capers
- 1/4 Art. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 Art. olive oil
- Put the bread cubes in a large bowl, add the tomatoes, basil, celery, chickpeas, cucumbers, tuna and capers and mix.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the vinegar with Dijon mustard. Stir in olive oil.
- Pour salad dressing in a bowl and mix. Salt, pepper and mix again.