In this juicy summer salad, the crisp iceberg leaves are perfectly combined with pieces of fried bacon, sweet cherry tomatoes and spicy blue cheese, all in a delicious dressing of mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish and Worcester sauce. The salad is light and hearty at the same time. Great for a snack in between main meals. Cut the iceberg lettuce leaves just before assembling the lettuce so that they remain crispy.
Time: 20 minutes.
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 Art. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. l horseradish
- 1 – 2 drops of Worcester sauce
- 6 thick strips of smoked bacon, cut into pieces of 2 cm.
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 feathers of green onion, finely chopped
- 0.5 tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tbsp. l chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare a dressing:
In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, Worcester sauce and salt to taste until smooth.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it becomes crispy, and transfer the slotted spoon to a plate covered with a paper towel to drain excess fat.
- Coarsely chop lettuce leaves and mix in a serving bowl with a little dressing. Put tomatoes and spring onions on top. Sprinkle salad with bacon and blue cheese, pepper to taste and sprinkle with parsley. Serve by placing a dressing next to it.