To make an ordinary herring under a fur coat look unusual on a New Year’s table, decorate it with a pomegranate. If successful, purchase a seedless pomegranate. Then it will become not only a salad decoration, but also will give it a new pleasant taste.
- filet from two light-salted fatty herrings
- 3-4 potatoes
- 2-3 beets
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 hard sweet and sour apple
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp. spoons of pomegranate seeds
- mayonnaise on demand
How to cook a herring under a coat with pomegranate:
- All vegetables should be washed and boiled, preferably steamed. Peel them from the skin and cut separately with thin plastics or cubes.
- The apple, peeled from seeds and peel, grate on a coarse grater. Cut herring fillets into thin plastics, and onions, sliced a quarter of the rings, can be marinated in vinegar diluted with water with added salt and sugar. Then he will not be so bitter.
- Put a layer of chopped potatoes on a dish and grease it with mayonnaise. On top of the potatoes lay the carrots, then half the onion, herring, the second half of the onion, apple and beets. All layers should be smeared with mayonnaise. Garnish the salad with pomegranate seeds on top and soak in the refrigerator.
- If there is absolutely no time left for soaking, mix the mayonnaise with each ingredient in its plate and lay the layers on the dish in the same order. With this option of cooking herring under a fur coat, it can be sent to the New Year’s table without delay.