Unusual serving of hot tuna sandwiches. Sandwiches are prepared in the form of deep bread bowls that hold even more delicious toppings: melting cheese, salad with tuna and celery in a delicate mayonnaise dressing, pickles, juicy tomatoes and potato chips, which are laid out on the bottom and will become a pleasant crunchy surprise. Four loaves of hot juicy filling are obtained from one loaf of bread. Add sprouts to each sandwich, if desired, to make them healthier.
Time: 35 minutes
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 whole loaf of white bread at least 30 cm long.
- 6 tbsp. l diced unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/3 Art. potato chips
- 12 slices of American cheese
- 0.5 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. l Dijon mustard
- 3 celery stalks, cut into small cubes (about 1 tbsp. With a slide)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (approximately 1/3 tbsp.)
- Hot sauce, as needed
- 4 cans of 140 gr. canned tuna in its own juice, carefully drain the liquid
- 1 pickled cucumber, dried and sliced into 16 circles
- 4 thin slices of bovine heart tomato
- 1 tbsp. sprouts, optional
- Set the grid on the middle level of the oven and preheat the oven to 190 ° C.
- Cut 0.5 cm of crust from one end of the bread, and enough crust from the other end to make 30 cm long bread. Set aside crusts for other use. Cut a loaf across 4 equal parts. Pour one cut end with a fork and carefully make a square hole in each piece of bread to make “boxes,” leaving 1 cm thick inner layer of bread along the crusts (see Note). Set aside the crumb for other uses.
- In a small microwave bowl, mix the butter and a large pinch of salt and melt in the microwave for 1 minute. Lubricate the bread inside and out with melted butter. Put 1/3 tbsp. potato chips and 1 slice of American cheese to the bottom of each piece of bread. Put the bread cups with the open side up on the baking sheet and bake until the cheese is melted and the inside of the bread is slightly browned and crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, celery, shallots, a little hot sauce and a large pinch of salt. Stir in the tuna. If necessary, salt and drizzle with hot sauce.
- Fill each bread bowl in the following order: 0.5 tbsp. salad with tuna, 4 slices of pickled cucumber, another 0.5 tbsp. tuna salad, 1 slice of tomato and 2 slices of American cheese.
- Return the bread bowls to the oven and bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with sprouts, if you use them, cut in half or leave whole and serve immediately.
Don’t worry if you accidentally pierce a piece of bread through it while cutting bread cups. Just close the hole with an extra piece of bread.