A delicious vegetarian salad is rich in protein, fiber and essential trace elements. For a beautiful original serving, the Iceberg salad is cut into thick slices and put one piece per serving. An excellent company for him will be blanched sugar peas in pods, sliced grape tomatoes and the highlight of this salad is crispy fried tofu. Pieces of tofu are rolled in a spicy flour mixture with Provencal herbs and deep-fried until golden. Before serving, sprinkle the salad with dressing based on yogurt and mayonnaise.
Calories 690, total fat 42 g. saturated fats 6 g. squirrels 22 g. carbohydrates 58 g. cellulose 6 g. cholesterol 17 mg., sodium 639 mg., sugar 10 g.
Time: 40 min
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 pack (400 g) extra hard tofu, dry and cut into 2 cm cubes.
- 1 and 3/4 Art. yogurt or kefir
- 0.5 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 Art. finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp. l cider vinegar
- 170 gr peas (about 1.5 tbsp.), cut the ends and cut the pods in half
- 1 and 3/4 Art. premium flour
- 1.5 tsp provence herbs
- Vegetable oil, for deep fat
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, cut into 8 slices
- 1 tbsp. grape tomatoes or cherry cut in half
- Pour 1.5 tbsp. yogurt in a shallow plate. Add tofu and flip to cover on all sides; leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/4 tbsp. yogurt, mayonnaise, green onions, vinegar, a pinch of salt and a little freshly ground black pepper.
- Put chopped peas in a medium-sized microwave bowl, adding 1 tbsp. l water; cover tightly with plastic wrap. Heat in a microwave until the pods are completely tender and bright green, 1-1.5 minutes. Remove the film and set the peas aside so that it cools.
- Combine flour, Provencal herbs and 0.5 tsp in a large bowl. salt and black pepper. Stir in 2 tbsp. l yogurt marinade to make a lumpy mixture. In a large saucepan on medium heat 5 cm. Vegetable oil to 175 ° C on a deep fat thermometer. Roll the tofu in the flour mixture to cover on all sides, dip it in the marinade, then roll again in the flour mixture to cover the flour lumps; put on a plate.
- Working in several batches, fry tofu, periodically turning, until golden crisp, 3-4 minutes. Lay on the wire rack and salt.
- Arrange the iceberg lettuce slices in plates, salt and pepper. Top with fried tofu, tomatoes and sugar peas. Sprinkle with yogurt sauce.