These healthy vegetarian wraps are filled with spicy tofu, corn, green onions, slices of avocado – all on thick, crisp Romano salad leaves. The crushed tofu is fried in a pan along with spices and vegetables and, together with slices of avocado, is laid out on the dense inner lettuce leaves. You can serve as a snack – eat with your hands, folding the wrap in half, and enjoy the excellent taste. The appetizer is prepared quickly and easily and is great not only for vegetarians, but also for those who fast, or would like to try tofu, but don’t know where to start.
Time: 20 minutes.
Amount: 6 boats
Recipes use volumetric containers with a volume of:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 1 pack of hard tofu (340 – 400 gr.)
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp chili powder, or to taste
- 3 feathers of green onion, finely chopped
- 2 fresh ears of corn, cut grains
- 1/4 Art. soy sauce
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 large inner sheets of Romano lettuce (core)
- 2 thinly sliced avocados
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, heat peanut butter. Throw the tofu in the pan and break it into very small pieces. Fry for several minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated and the tofu begins to fry.
- Add chili powder, a little salt and black pepper, mix. Add green onions and corn and fry for several minutes (corn may remain crispy). Add soy sauce and cook until most of the liquid has absorbed. Turn off the heat and add balsamic vinegar.
- Arrange the mixture on lettuce leaves, add slices of avocado. Fold a sheet and eat!