Serve this simple and delicious salad of natural crab meat on succulent lettuce leaves or toasted bread slices. It is perfect as a snack, toppings for a sandwich or a light dinner. Small pieces of celery, chives and fresh tarragon will add crispness, juiciness and a refreshingly spicy taste to it. The salad is seasoned with a creamy mixture of mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard and lemon juice. Serve immediately or chilled.
Time: 15 minutes.
Servings: 4 – 6
Recipes use volumetric containers with the volume:
1 cup (st.) – 240 ml.
3/4 cup (st.) – 180 ml.
1/2 cup (tbsp.) – 120 ml.
1/3 cup (st.) – 80 ml.
1/4 cup (st.) – 60 ml.
1 tablespoon (tbsp.) – 15 ml.
1 teaspoon (tsp) – 5 ml.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- 450 gr lumpy crab meat, sort and remove the shell fragments
- 1 stalk of celery, peeled and diced 0.3 cm each.
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp shredded fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/3 Art. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. l sour cream
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 0.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- For filing: Toasted Hot Dog Buns and Lettuce
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine crab meat, celery, chives and tarragon.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl. Add dressing to the crab mixture and mix to evenly coat it. Salt and pepper to taste. If you do not serve salad right away, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve on toasted buns or lettuce leaves.